Erasmus+ Sport Partner Search
I'm writing on behalf of a Basketball club in Palermo (Sicily), they are going to apply for a project under Erasmus+Sport - Small Collaborative Partnership and are searching for partners. Here a brief description of the project idea and profile of the applicant organisation.
A.S.D. Verga was founded in 1976 in Palermo as women basketball club, with the aim to promote basketball among young people, taking care of the human and technical-sport aspects of athletes. The organization has been member of FIP (Italian Basketball Federation) and CONI (Italian National Olympic Committee) and overall it’s a basket centre for youngsters. We work in schools and with schools to promote sport and basketball, we organize free lessons, training and sport camps for children and teenagers, playing in mini-basket team in regional and FIP championships. A.S.D. Verga is the most prestigious basketball club in Palermo, nowadays we play in women A2 league and, with the young team, we play in FIP under 15/17 championship. Thanks to our work with youngsters, schools and families, many young Sicilian women can play in A league championships.
Erasmus+: Sport – Small Collaborative Partnership
So.Net. – Solidarity Network for sport and young migrants
Schedule: 1 January 2018 – 30 June 2019
- promote voluntary activities in sport, together with social inclusion, equal opportunities and awareness of the importance of health-enhancing physical activity, through increased participation and equal access to sport for all;
- Encourage social inclusion and equal opportunities in sport;
- Creating easy access to sport for migrant minors;
- Involving local sport organisations in young migrants inclusion.
- Survey to young migrants (6-18) to know how many of them play sport, what kind of sport, difficulties and desires ;
- Analysis and elaboration of survey data;
- Creation of local networks of sport organisations available to involve young migrants in order to facilitate their access to sport activities;
- Transnational meetings;
- Local events.
Budget: project costs as indicated in Erasmus+ Programme Guide(p. 240).
Beneficiaries: migrant minors, local sport organisations.
- a public body in charge of sport at local, regional or national level;
- a National Olympic Committee or National Sport confederation;
- a sport organisation at local, regional or national, level;
- a national sports league;
- a sport club;
- an organisation or unions representing professionals and volunteers in sport (such as coaches, managers, etc);
- an organization representing the 'sport for all' movement;
- an organisation active in the field of physical activity promotion;
- an organisation representing the active leisure sector;
Please would you share this request with your contacts? Thank you for your cooperation,
Director of Europe Direct Palermo
Angela Visconti - firstname.lastname@example.org