Media literacy for youth. Call for Ka2 partnership
Media and most of all social media are taking a significant place in lives of young people. Not only as a source of information but also as a mean of communication and socialization as well as a way of expression. Active use of media and the ability to search, select and evaluate reliability of information is highly requested also on the labor market where media industry has increasing position, therefore media literacy became a key competency which should become essential part of education of young people. Many European countries until now didn’t introduce media education curricula into schools what even underline importance of youth organization in involvement in this topic.
Through series of Training Courses for youth workers, main aim of project is to exchange methods and tools used in media education for young people and youth workers, promote media education at European level and create comprehensive guide which will allow youth workers, trainers and facilitator to include media education into their activities.
- to exchange best practices between organizations active in media education
- to promote collaboration between formal and non formal education in the field of media education
- to increase competencies of youth workers, teachers, trainer and facilitators
- to create comprehensive list of good practices on the topic of media education and literacy
- to create network of organizations active in media education and literacy
- Kickoff meeting- Palermo April 2018;
- N. 4 Training Courses involving all partner organizations involved in the project – between Summer 2018 and Spring 2019. Each partner will be responsible for preparing the content of specific sessions or the whole training, and implementing them with the aim of presenting their own approaches and experience in media education;
- N. 1 Seminar in Summer 2019 to collect best practices, tools and educational material for final list (to be decided if published also in printing or only online);
- Local dissemination events in each partner country to promote final results (Autumn 2019);
- Evaluation and follow-up final meeting (December 2019)
This call is open only to organizations from Programme Countries which already developed educational programmes or activities addressed to young people or young adults and focused on media literacy.
We would like to encourage partnerships between youth NGO in the field of media education and local secondary education institutions. Therefore we will select from every country 2 partners (1 youth NGO and 1 high school) giving priority to already established partnerships.
All partners will be expected to present their approach towards media education through training sessions for youth workers. Examples of topics:
- increasing competencies of young people in active use of different media
- increasing knowledge about how media works and how they construct reality
- critical thinking and responsible use of media
- media bias, stereotypes in media
- social media and negative phenomena as hate speech, hoaxes,
- cyber bullying
- media as tool of active citizenship
- sensitive issues such as privacy protection, commercial exploitation, political orientation and political conditioning of young people etc.
TASKS OF PARTNER ORGANIZATION
- To identify contact person from every organization, which will be in charge of project and will join kickoff meeting and evaluation meeting of project
- To recruit two participants (youth workers, teachers) for each Training Course
- To prepare training sessions: each partner will be responsible for preparing the content of specific sessions or the whole training, and implementing them with the aim of presenting their own approaches to media education;
- To collect educational material, tools and elaborate new material for final publication
- To disseminate final publication through the organisation of local event
HOW TO CANDIDATE:
Please describe your experience, media education topics which you focus on, methods which you use and target which you work with.
Please send all this information and PIF to email@example.com ASAP before 27/09/2017 and put in subject: Media Literacy Lab