Title: ART-laboratory, the space for the young Type of acitity: youth exchange
Polish Youth Association ARTwarium is looking for a culture project partner.
The offer is addressed to non-governmental organisations, educational institutions, local government institutions, and young people between the ages 16 and 30.
Among media partners of the project are: Polish Radio London, BRALIN FM.
The main objective of the project is to increase the engagement of the participants in cultural and artistic activities, by shaping a new way of the functioning of grassroots initiatives, which engage a variety of institutions and persons. It is based on the functioning of the youth internet radio network (the area of so-called ‘new media’) and shaping the activity and influence of particular concepts of non-formal education (youth participation) in its area. The project will consist of three components. The first element will comprise the string of music workshops – a peculiar music faculty created by young people for young people, as well as an interactive live concert broadcasted online; it will conclude this stage of the project (this stage is performed concurrently in the partner countries). The second element will include the work on the music-themed location-based game and the grand finale of the project (it includes work within the exchange in form of educational and training trip). The third element will involve the functioning of the internet radio network called BRALIN FM and the organisation of journalism and media workshops within the radio activity. The workshops will also include the production of the radio play (it includes work at the host location as well as in partner countries).
By editing the radio play, the youngest intervening participants of the project will be given the opportunity to perceive educational issues in an attractive way. Obtained material will be distributed to educational institutions, culture centres and non-governmental organisations in our region and region of our partner. The organisation of the location-based game on the municipal territory will be the concluding point of the project. It will be the form of entertainment in which the space and its multiple contexts constitute the vital element. It will combine the elements of hare and hounds, flash mobs, street happenings, RPG and computer games. The game will be based on the original idea of the project participants – children and the youth. The aim of the game will be to raise awareness of existing possibilities and opportunities of artistic development among the participants.
Radio theatre is a project connected with radio plays based on the theatrical scripts and produced with the help of the workshops’
participants and young journalists from the local internet radio network.
The radio play will be recorded in a radio studio by a team of people consisting of a director, actors, sound producer, and a songwriter (if needed).
The competences and skills young people will acquire include:
- radio editing,
- preparing news materials, working on complex subjects, preparing news service reports on cultural life,
- working with microphone,
- use of radio and television equipment,
- work in a production team,
- ability to use the language of radio and television,
- writing radio scripts,
- making news and journalistic radio programmes,
- preparing radio reports in a given subject area,
- working in an emission and recording studio,
- stress management and work under time pressure,
- analytical thinking, synthetic utterance, sound operating,
- making contact with people, discussing, asking questions,
- using all available sources of journalist information.
Detailed objectives of the project:
- Raise of self-esteem and feeling of belonging to a social group; promoting the value of cultural and artistic life (by building up faith in one and one’s potential and capabilities as well as pointing valuable ideals).
- Increase of active actions which will be a starting point to create an environment, constituting a place for the formation of original artistic activities; encouraging young people to engage in various initiatives by participating in music classes, journalism and media classes, location-based games, as well as making the use of the experience of instructors and widely available creative space.
- Diminishing negative attitudes among children and youth by eradicating detrimental stereotypes and teaching positive behaviour; thanks to that, the participants will feel noticed, needed, important and they will break free from the feeling of isolation, solitude, rejection; they will learn how to make use of each other’s experiences (equalising developmental deficit within emotional and social spheres).
- Increase of creative attitude among children and youth by the improvement of the following skills: communication, musical, journalist, camera operation, and other.
Presupposed results of the project:
- increasing the level of knowledge of young musicians on the process of creating songs and band promoting, improving musical skills of youth bands and vocalists living in the local area and participating in workshops • diminishing social differences between various participants and preventing pathological behaviour and social exclusion • stimulating creative attitudes among children and youth, improving communication skills, developing musical and other talents, group integration, raise of self-esteem; the classes will teach young people how to work in a group and will make public appearances less stressful • shaping attitudes which will strengthen the pursuit of active cultural and artistic lifestyle; teaching how to recognize, name and express emotions; enabling the release of emotions will make the participant sensitive to the beauty of art and music.
Where: Bralin (Poland)
When: 10 days between 01.08.2015 r. – 31.12.2015 r.
Contakt person: Dawid Kosakiewicz